Scholarships, Award Amounts, and Recipients
These four scholarships will be awarded to students enrolled in the 4th, 5th, or 6th grades during the 2016 – 2017 school year.
The scholarships are;
– I.L. Friedman Scholarship ($225.00)
– Frances Friedman Scholarship ($225.00)
– Ellen M. Brundige Scholarship ($225.00)
– Ann and Winston Brundige Scholarship ($225.00)
Those students who received a scholarship in 2016 are ineligible this year.
Students will type a letter, no longer than one page, stating why they should be awarded a scholarship for Astro Camp.
The letter must include a separate cover sheet which includes the following information:
– Students Name
– Students name, school, grade, and teacher should be listed on the cover sheet only, not in the letter itself.
Email your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Scholarship Letter” in the subject line.
Those without internet access can mail their letters to:
Astro Camp Scholarship
1950 Monroe Blvd.
Ogden, Utah 84401
Important Information (please read carefully)
– Letters must be received no later than May 1, 2017
– Any letters not following the above mentioned guidelines will be disqualified.
– A scholarship committee will read and evaluate all entries.
– The committee will decide who receives the scholarships no later than May 7, 2017.
– The scholarship committee will also choose a First, Second, Third, and Fourth alternate. These alternates will be given the scholarship award in the event any of the winners cannot attend.
– The scholarship committee members will know only the grade and sex of the letter writer. All other information such as name, school, and teacher will be withheld.
– Scholarship recipients will be notified via their teacher no later than May 9, 2017.
– Scholarship winners will be expected to write a thank you letter to the Brundige family while they are at camp.
– Scholarship winners are reserved a place in the Astronaut Training Camp on June 13-16, 2017.
– Scholarships can only be used for Astronaut Training Camp. If the scholarship winner is unable to attend this camp, an alternate will be chosen.
– The remaining camp tuition above the $225.00 award ($55.00) must be paid by the recipient, parents, or family members no later than June 1, 2017.
– Letters will not be returned.
– Questions should be directed to Mrs. Jensen. Email: email@example.com Phone: (801) 737-8404